Does anyone like to read a blog written by someone who doesn’t have their shit together? Is that a niche? (Disclaimer: I don’t have my shit together and I am 45.) What happens if I google “blog about guy who doesn’t have his shit together.” How can I find out if it is too late to get your shit together after 40?
It is no surprise that Cosmopolitan magazine has the winning #1 spot in that search. If you haven’t googled that yet, the article is about dating. God damn.
A few spots down I see a book by a similar title: “Get your shit together…blah blah blah…” It is a dating book.
What if you are not interested in dating? Where are the tools for simply improving your life?
What if you are in your 30’s or 40’s or older and you don’t have your shit together?
What if getting you shit together means something other than dating. What if getting your shit together means:
- Being more disciplined
- Making more money
- Having more energy
- Starting a business
- Getting out of debt
- Living with more freedom
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Lose some weight / get in shape
- Get out of pain
- Start reading more
- Start enjoying life more
FACT: There are tools for improving every part of your life EVERYWHERE
But, what if I feel that there is a huge disconnect between guys who have made it and me?
- First, how do I find someone who step-by-step kept track of going from problem to solution and then, on to thriving?
- Second, are they a giant douche bag, meathead, who thinks he’s a comedian? (no real value or actionable articles)
- Third, can I relate to them? (different strokes for different folks – who inspires me to greatness)
- Fourth, can I learn from them? (do they write in a way that is conducive to my style of learning)
- Fifth, can I duplicate the actions but specifically to what I want to accomplish? (can I extract the essentials and drop them into my life)
Here are 2 possible starting points (to get your shit together) no matter your age:
- Here is an excellent article by Mike Cernovich: How To Live A Great Life Even If You Have Money Problems.
- This video from Gary Vaynerchuk
The Answer is:
It is not too late to start…getting your shit together.